Repton School Dubai is seeking an outstanding Head of FS1 to commence in August 2020.
Reporting to Assistant Head - Pastoral Care, the Head of Year assumes ultimate responsibility for their year group. This is in conjunction with the Head of Teaching Learning, who will work with the academic team to ensure the focus of innovation in teaching and learning remains a priority within the progression of skills across whole school curriculum.
With a Form Tutor role, Teaching capacity is 75% to encompass additional duties beyond that of a classroom teacher including, but not limited to:
- To be a role model for tutors by demonstrating high quality pastoral care and academic monitoring of students
- To have a professional presence in the year group
- To set the agenda for tutor meetings which should include a development item
- To have an overview of Pastoral and Academic support for students’ e.g. learning support, teaching assistants, external agencies etc
- To play the leading role in the behaviour management of students
- To manage both the people and resources associated with each year group
- To promote the ethos of the school through leading high quality assemblies
- To provide a clear vision and direction to the Year Group, identifying key areas for improvement and planning appropriate actions to meet them
- To ensure the highest levels of customer care are delivered at all times by all members of staff
- To monitor student attendance and punctuality on a weekly basis and to take appropriate steps to ensure that attendance and punctuality is at the highest levels and to liaise with Pastoral lead
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of the few schools in Dubai to boast an Outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014.
One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold Bachelors in Education plus PGCE with appropriate specialism, or Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Be at least 24 years old
In return we offer:
- Basic pay commensurate with experience
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight ticket, accommodation provided in modern apartments in popular residential areas, and world class medical and healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Full tuition fee remission in Repton School Dubai for candidates with dependents
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.