Associate - Business Analysis & Strategy Development
Evolvence Knowledge Investments (“EKI”) 'evolved' from being an asset manager of a single school, to becoming a leading integrated education management organization spanning several school & nursery brands and geographies. We are the only operator in the region focusing very specifically on premium schools & nurseries offering British curriculum across the GCC region, and are using our know-how and expertise to continue to lead and innovate in this sector.
We have an entrepreneurial and service-oriented culture. We aim at delivering operational excellence to our schools and nurseries so that they can focus on offering outstanding academic and pastoral outcomes to ensure pupils’ success. We have ambitious plans to further grow our portfolio and explore other educational offerings.
The successful candidate will have a wide remit supporting the Commercial Director and the wider operations team in (1) identifying and implementing improvements to processes across the organization, (2) monitoring the operational performance of existing portfolio assets and (3) assisting in the development and execution of commercial strategy.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Business Operations Analysis
- Monitors and benchmarks operating performance across the group and competitors, analyzes operational effectiveness and capacity utilization.
- Identifies and recommends revenue enhancement and organic growth opportunities.
- Identifies and recommends operational efficiencies.
Business Process Improvement
- Drives process automation, process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the wider organization, tracking costs and benefits.
- Analyzes, plans, conducts, and prepares plans or procedures that provide operational and / or technical support to business operations to achieve specific objectives.
- Assists the Commercial Director in developing and implementing relevant KPIs, dashboards and management information systems across the different functions.
- Maintains ongoing interface with various departments in areas such as decision analysis, technical needs, business case development, planning and execution.
Strategy & Business Development
- Monitors and analyzes competitors’ initiatives and performance.
- Performs market studies and assists in developing a coherent commercial strategy.
- Breaks down the broad strategy into specific work streams, monitors and reports on progress, identifying problems early on and proposing innovative solutions.
- Develops new business opportunities and participates in implementation.
- Supports the development of business cases for organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Supports post-acquisition integration.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Experience in process mapping / systems thinking
- Ability to think creatively in the use and deployment of technology to support process development and automation.
- Development of KPIs, reporting and dashboards implementation.
- Proven track record of instigating and driving the initialization and effective conclusion of change projects throughout the organisation.
- Ability to flag possible issues early, solve complex problems that do not have routine solutions and successfully drive change into organizations.
- Experience in market analysis, gathering information from diverse sources, mapping out competition and opportunities and building commercial cases.
- Proficient in manipulating/reporting on large data sets and proficiency in ERP reporting.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly organized, analytical and structured with good attention to detail
- Strongly motivated to perform, able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Logical and lateral thinker
- Team player with positive attitude, possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Smart appearance, well-presented and professional at all times
- Bachelors in Business Management or related field with a post-graduate business focused degree or an MBA
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant field supporting the development of both external (commercial) strategy and internal operations analysis.
- Experience in the education sector would be a distinct advantage, as would a consulting