British or Irish Nursery Teacher - Muscat Oman
Dovecote Nursery Muscat is part of the EKI Group, specialising in British premium education across the GCC. Our group has extensive experience in whole school education (Repton, Foremarke in GCC), with particular expertise in Early Years and delivery of Special Educational Needs programs through the support of Repton School Dubai which is rated OUTSTANDING in all areas by KHDA.
Our nursery in Shatti Al Qurum (near Grand Hyatt Hotel) is looking for Teachers experienced in delivering EYFS or Montessori curriculum. Due to the need to teach phonics in a British Nursery, we are strictly only Native English Speakers, and due to local regulations we can only consider female candidates.
The Nursery teacher leads and manages a room within the nursery and oversees all key person activities. They are responsible for managing their team to deliver exceptional care and education for children.
This role requires working in collaboration with other parties such as parents and other internal/external stakeholders and taking responsibility for working in line with regulatory requirements of Dovecote policies and procedures to develop the strength and reputation of Dovcote Nurseries.
Qualifications – Essential
- Cache 3 or Bachelors Degree in Early Years
Qualifications – Desirable
- First Aid 8 hour pediatric first aid qualification
- A good record of on-going training and/or mini qualifications since qualifying
Experience - Essential
- Post qualified experience working in an EYFS or Montessori setting
Knowledge - Essential
- Understand issues around child development in order to support all children including children with disabilities.
- Recognise the importance of observation to inform playing for individual children’s needs and interests.
- Be able to organise staff to enable effective observations and plans to happen.
- Good knowledge of the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (Curriculum frameworks) and Welfare Requirements
- Understand the importance of and fulfil the role of a key person
- An understanding of your role in keeping everyone safe and how to apply child protection procedures
- Able to work in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Understand the importance of ensuring equality and diversity in a nursery setting
- Understanding what is important in determining high quality care and learning for young children.
- Understand and support childrens transitions
- An understanding of confidentiality and its importance in the early years setting
- A basic understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children
Skills and Competencies - Essential
- Able to have empathy and an ability to understand a child’s view
- Coach, mentor and manage other staff when required
- Show resilience and determination to succeed in the face of pressure and difficulties. Ability to identify concerns and resolve complex dilemmas in a fair, open and reasoned manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both children and adults using a variety of techniques.
- Ability to lead and encourage team effort, support cohesion and champion motivation.
- Have the ability to reflect on and respond positively to direction to improve own performance. Know when to seek advice and support.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and take responsibility for getting things done.
- Ability to self-manage, manage own time, be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrate a good standard of literacy, numeracy and effective ICT skills
- Information search skills gather many different kinds of information by a variety of means