Corporate Finance Analyst
Evolvence Knowledge Investments (“EKI”) 'evolved' from being an asset manager of a single school, to becoming a leading integrated education management organization spanning several school & nursery brands and geographies. We are the only operator in the region focusing very specifically on premium schools & nurseries offering British curriculum across the GCC region, and are using our know-how and expertise to continue to lead and innovate in this sector.
We have an entrepreneurial and service-oriented culture. We aim at delivering operational excellence to our schools and nurseries so that they can focus on offering outstanding academic and pastoral outcomes to ensure pupils’ success. We have ambitious plans to further grow our portfolio and explore other educational offerings.
The job is primarily responsible to work within EKI’s Corporate Finance supporting the team in capital raising initiatives and executing investment opportunities in the private education space, monitoring the performance of existing portfolio assets and assisting the wider corporate team with situations requiring numerical skills and financial acumen.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Analyzes financial results and monitor variances on a regular basis and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Helps develop and perform operational metrics tracking.
- Assists in identifying and putting in place process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad hoc reports, tools and dashboards.
- Assists in analyzing budgets taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing.
- Works closely with the Reporting Manager in the accounting department to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support.
- Conducts studies on past, future and comparative financial performance per school / business unit, providing trends and developing forecast models.
- Creates new and updates existing market analyses
- Develops feasibility studies for new ventures and supports with market entry strategies.
- Provides assistance to other departments on matters requiring analysis such as enrolment projections, customer profiling, staff timetabling, etc...
- Prepares sales pitches, updates financial models, provides documentation as per due diligence requests.
- Liaises with various service providers including lawyers, consultants, accountants and valuers.
- Assists the team with compliance with covenants and conditions.
- Supports in deal closing process.
- Organizes and files key business documentation.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Other duties assigned by the line manager or senior management
Operating Environment, working relationships
This position interacts with all EKI Staff, the schools’ and nurseries’ Senior Leadership Teams as well as external financial and legal advisors, potential partners and governmental authorities so proper communication skills and tact and consideration is critical.
- BS degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related field. A CFA/CPA is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant field (corporate finance, investment banking, advisory).
- Experience in Education is a plus.
- Proficient in using spreadsheets and MS Office.
- Hands on experience with statistical and market analyses.
- Proven knowledge of financial modelling and forecasting.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Highly organized and structured with good attention to detail.
- Good project management skills, able to perform under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proactively takes the initiative beyond the tasks assigned and is resourceful.
- Team player, open-minded, possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.