EYFS Nursery Manager - Abu Dhabi
Evolvence Knowledge Investments have an impeccable record in delivering early years education across our schools (Repton and Foremarke) and recently acquired controlling stakes in Humpty Dumpty Nurseries in Abu Dhabi.
Humpty Dumpty Nurseries have been around for 25 years in Abu Dhabi and boast great facilities and a dedicated team. Following changes to MOE requirements, we're looking for Nursery Managers to join our teams and help us to take Humpty Dumpty Nurseries to the next level.
As we integrate HDN into our wider academic portfolio, the role of Nursery Manager will be heavily focused on recruitment and training of teachers and teaching assistants, whilst evaluating our operating process and policies and ensuring that academic and safeguarding standards meet our stringent requirements.
The Nursery Manager is also key to meeting our commercial objectives by creating welcoming, nurturing nevironments for the children in our care, setting the standards for the nursery team and enhancing links to the communities we serve.
The role will report to the Group Head of Nursery Education, who oversees all Nursery Operations in the Group, including Dovecote Nurseries in Dubai and Oman. There will be occasional cover teaching responsibilities, and we particularly welcome candidates who can deliver occasional Arabic or French lanaguage lessons.
Qualifications – Essential:
- Bachelors Degree in Early Years or;
- Bachelors Degree in any subject and Cache 5
Qualifications – Desirable:
- First Aid 8-hour pediatric first aid qualification
- A good record of on-going training and/or mini qualifications since qualifying
Experience - Essential:
- Post qualified experience leading in an EYFS or Montessori setting
Knowledge - Essential:
- Understand issues around child development in order to support all children including children with disabilities.
- Recognise the importance of observation to inform playing for individual children’s needs and interests.
- Be able to organise staff to enable effective observations and plans to happen.
- Good knowledge of the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (Curriculum frameworks) and Welfare Requirements
- Understand the importance of and fulfil the role of a key person
- An understanding of your role in keeping everyone safe and how to apply child protection procedures
- Able to work in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Understand the importance of ensuring equality and diversity in a nursery setting
- Understanding what is important in determining high-quality care and learning for young children
- Understand and support children’s transitions
- An understanding of confidentiality and its importance in the early years setting
- A basic understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children
Skills and Competencies - Essential:
- Able to have empathy and an ability to understand a child’s view
- Coach, mentor and manage other staff when required
- Show resilience and determination to succeed in the face of pressure and difficulties.
- Ability to identify concerns and resolve complex dilemmas in a fair, open and reasoned manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both children and adults using a variety of techniques.
- Ability to lead and encourage team effort, support cohesion and champion motivation.
- Have the ability to reflect on and respond positively to direction to improve own performance.
- Know when to seek advice and support.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and take responsibility for getting things done.
- Ability to self-manage, manage own time, be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrate a good standard of literacy, numeracy and effective ICT skills
- Information search skills gather many different kinds of information by a variety of means