Group Nursery Academic Lead - EYFS
The position holder will assume full responsibility for all academic matters across the nursery portfolio of Dovecote and Humpty Dumpty nurseries in UAE and Oman (currently 4 nurseries), with particular emphasis on developing a clear and consistent academic quality assurance framework in our existing portfolio in preparation for potential acquisition and rebranding of nurseries in the region.
The position requires a strong change practitioner and coach to define and document standards and develop a roadmap for implementation of a Nursery Excellence Framework across the nursery platform. Using the Early Years framework within our existing schools and nurseries, academic delivery and practice should be directly aligned to school curricula to support entry to the Repton Family of Schools in the region, whilst maintaining the feeling of warmth and homeliness characterized by our nurseries.
The job holder will work in close partnership with the Group Nursery Registrar to develop the commercial strategy of the nurseries and provide academic support for marketing and promotional activity to showcase the nurseries. In addition, the job holder will anticipate and identify opportunities to provide new services reflective of demographic shifts, for example, to support families where both parents work.
The Group Nursery Academic Manager will work closely with the local school to identify opportunities to leverage the deep expertise of the school teams to facilitate learning opportunities for staff, and in some cases parent workshops on topics of interest such as Special Educational Needs, Child Protection, Infant Illness and Disease Prevention, First Aid and other relevant workshops.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- Qualified teacher
- Early Years PGCE, Masters or Cache 5
- Non-education linked management / leadership qualification would be an advantage
- Minimum eight years experience in EYFS settings, three of which at Nursery Manager/Director level
- Experience managing multiple locations
- Drivers license for frequent travel between sites, and regular trips to Muscat, Oman
- Line manage, develop and support the nursery academic teams to carry out their professional responsibilities, including safeguarding
- In conjunction with other EKI schools, develop and maintain a consistent EYFS academic plan for each nursery, and deliver a clear strategy for execution across the EKI nursery platform
- Regularly monitor standards within the nurseries through weekly visits and spot checks in order to ensure compliance and positive reports from all regulatory inspections.
- Contribute effectively to the Group Nursery Board, positively promoting the EKI nursery platform.
- To maintain a good level of communication across all personnel and, where relevant, update Chief Education Officer on notable occurrences within the nurseries.
- To closely monitor all personnel within the nursery to ensure there is a high level of awareness of company policies and procedures.
- To keep updated on any changes in academic legislation and implement them into nurseries.
- To continually reflect on and improve practice in order to ensure the best possible care and education are offered within all setting.
- To deal promptly and professionally with any queries, concerns or complaints from parents and carers and take action if necessary.
- Promote the continued improvement of all the nurseries through establishing regular team meetings and other management forums.
- To support, guide and assist Lead Teachers in each setting in any matters concerning the day to day academic operations of the nurseries.
- Jointly own (with the Group Nursery Registrar) current nursery occupancy and quarterly reforecasting to enable staffing optimization against predefined PTRs
- Carry out visits to each premise at least once per week.
- Carry out and record monthly extended visits at each site and feed back to Chief Education Officer
- Carry out Quality Assurance Visits at each site once per term
- Participate in procurement activity in coordination with the local procurement team to ensure nursery equipment and resources are of the highest standards
- Ensure the environment at all sites fosters social and educational stimulation through curriculum based experiences, which are age and stage appropriate
- To work with the Chief Education Officer and the Early Years departments of EKI schools to update or implement new academic policies and adjust plans/policies to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Conduct recruitment activity in line with group policy.
- To address performance or disciplinary matters in line with group policy.
- To work in conjunction with HR Business Partner and Chief Education Officer in identifying and arranging relevant training for the staff.
- Complete termly appraisals for Lead Teachers
- To work with the Lead Teachers in ensuring staffing levels are correct and liaise with HR Business Partner regarding advertising, interviewing and recruiting.
- To oversee the appraisal of academic staff and identify training needs or gaps.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children in the nurseries’ care resulting in the total avoidance of preventable accidents and promoting a feeling of security and satisfaction amongst all parents.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out to prevent accidents among children, staff, parents and others persons entering the premises.
- Conduct periodical facilities & equipment inspections, reporting issues to the Head of Asset Management
- Ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained, by staff cleaning and sterilising of equipment and recording information as evidence.
- To monitor fire drills to ensure all staff are aware of the procedures.
- To ensure accidents within the establishments are recorded appropriately in accident books and information relayed to parents.
- To report back all information regarding the nurseries to the Chief Education Officer through monthly meetings and ad-hoc communicationTo ensure all staff follow company procedures for daily communications to and from parents.