Head of Digital Learning - Repton Family of Schools
The Head of Digital Learning is primarily responsible for leading and managing Evolvence Knowledge Investments’ digital learning initiatives across the Repton Family of Schools in UAE, which includes Repton Dubai, Repton Abu Dhabi, and Foremarke. In particular they will lead in the development of innovative teaching and learning practice using technology across our schools. The Head of Digital Learning will drive policy development and they will design and deliver training programmes across the group. In addition, they will develop and maintain high quality relationships with our digital learning stakeholders and seek to gain quality benchmarks in each of our schools.
Main duties & responsibilities:
A: Managing Policy and Practice in Digital Learning
- Provide strategic leadership in the area of Digital Learning to colleagues across the organization.
- Chair the Academic IT Committee meetings in each school.
- Ensure that appropriate policies are in place across the organisation for the safe and effective use of technology in schools.
- Advise on efficient and effective solutions to digital workflow and operations in the group’s schools.
- Where needed, act as project leader in the implementation of systems for the development of effective learning environments across the schools.
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer and the Digital Learning Leaders in each school in framing the annual procurement needs for hardware and software.
- Contribute to the overall management and strategic direction of EKI, taking responsibility for corporate objective and organization–wide tasks as directed.
- Oversee the preparation of relevant, accurate and timely reports to enable the Chief Education Officer and other designated stakeholders to make appropriate decisions.
B: Development of Learning and Teaching
- Model exceptional professional practices for optimal student learning.
- Advise and lead on the development of systems to promote anytime, anywhere learning.
- Collaborate with the School Professional Development Leaders to design and manage the internal professional development and coaching of staff in digital pedagogies.
- Provide training to colleagues, pupils and parents on the use of digital technologies in learning.
- Work to develop a healthy process of evaluating collaborative impact among teachers about how to best advance each student’s learning via the use of digital pedagogies.
- Support teachers in the delivery of lead lessons where necessary and as time allows.
- Mentor staff in their application of technology within each school.
- Establish initiatives which grow the number of digital leaders and coaches throughout the group’s schools.
- Liaise with the Chief Education Officer and Chief Technology Officer to assist and interpret trends in usage and uptake of digital initiatives across the group.
- Generate appropriate solutions based on internal and external research.
C. Accreditation and Outreach
- Foster and maintain productive working relationships with all of the group’s schools to support integration of digital initiatives and to implement agreed programs and outcomes.
- Foster and maintain productive relationships with external stakeholders such as Apple, application developers, etc. and leverage these relationships for showcasing the work of our schools
- Contribute to the ability of EKI and its schools to connect ethically and responsibly with the world via digital technologies.
- Research and write articles and deliver presentations for parents, colleagues and the wider community showcasing the work of our schools.
- Work with teachers in all our schools to develop evaluations of the impact of digital practices across the College.
- Gain and maintain Apple Distinguished School status for each of our schools.
To apply, please submit a detailed covering letter outlining your achievements against the above requirements.
- Qualified Teacher.
- Further accreditation in developing teaching and learning would be desirable
- Minimum five years of experience in classroom teaching.
- Experience of technology leadership in an educational environment.
- Commitment to ongoing development of knowledge and understanding of improving and optimising the learning outcomes and experiences for students.
- Experience in leading and managing the implementation of educational programmes.
- Previous experience in the delivery of professional development coaching within a school.
- Experience in Apple or Microsoft accreditation application process
- Knowledge of current educational practices and methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills .
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically and implement change management strategies.
- Excellent technological literacy across a range of applications.
- Proven ability to work enthusiastically both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic organization.