Investments & Financial Performance Analyst
We're a leading integrated education management organization spanning several school & nursery brands and geographies. We are the only operator in the region focusing specifically on premium schools & nurseries offering British curriculum across the GCC region, and are using our know-how and expertise to continue to lead and innovate in this sector.
The position supports capital raising initiatives and executing investment opportunities in the private education space, monitoring the performance of existing portfolio assets and assisting the wider corporate team with situations requiring numerical skills and financial acumen.
Please note if your experience is limited to financial accounting & reporting, you cannot be considered for this position - this is primarily a role for candidates with funding, investments & performance analysis experience.
Main duties & responsibilities:
(Please note, you MUST demonstrate your experience in this area in your application)
- Prepares sales pitches, updates financial models, provides documentation as per due diligence requests.
- Liaises with various service providers including lawyers, consultants, accountants and valuers.
- Assists the team with compliance with covenants and conditions.
- Supports in deal closing process.
- Analyse financial results and monitor variances on a regular basis, making recommendations for improvement.
- Helps develop and perform operational metrics tracking.
- Assists in identifying and putting in place process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad hoc reports, tools and dashboards.
- Assists in analyzing budgets taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing.
- Works closely with the Reporting Manager in the accounting department to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support.
- Conducts studies on past, future and comparative financial performance per school / business unit, providing trends and developing forecast models.
- Creates new and updates existing market analyses
- Develops feasibility studies for new ventures and supports with market entry strategies.
- Provides assistance to other departments on matters requiring analysis such as enrolment projections, customer profiling, staff timetabling, etc...
- BS degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related field. A CFA/CPA is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant field (corporate finance, investment banking, advisory).
- Experience in Education is a plus.
- Proficient in using spreadsheets and MS Office.
- Hands on experience with statistical and market analyses.
- Proven knowledge of financial modelling and forecasting.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Highly organized and structured with good attention to detail.
- Good project management skills, able to perform under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proactively takes the initiative beyond the tasks assigned and is resourceful.
- Team player, open-minded, possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.