Nursery Manager - 16k-18k - Start ASAP
Dovecote Nurseries are growing, and will shortly open an EYFS nursery within the World-Class facilities of a renknowned British Curriculum school. We're seeking an experienced EYFS Nursery Manager with an entrepreneurial flair to build the nursery from scratch alongside their proven capabiities in managing nurseries in UAE and ideally the UK.
The nursery manager will provide vision, leadership and direction for the Nursery and ensures that it is managed and organized to meet its aims and targets. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and ensure the Nursery's commitment to quality education and its continued improvement, with a main focus on students outcomes
- Maintain policies and procedures and to ensure childrens health and safety at all times
- Manage budgets and take the lead on admissions activities
- Recruit, appoint and train qualified staff as per the standards set by the EYFS curriculum
- Managing the staff at the nursery and ensuring everyone upholds the highest standard of quality and care
- Ensuring lesson plans are in place and that they follow the EYFS curriculum
It's critical that candidates meet the current requirements for Nursery Manager in UAE, which is to hold Cache 5 or Bachelors of Education with a specialism in early years.
Qualifications – Essential:
- Cache 5 or Bachelors Degree in Education with specialism in Early Years
Qualifications – Desirable:
- First Aid 8-hour pediatric first aid qualification
- A good record of on-going training and/or mini qualifications since qualifying
Experience - Essential:
- Post qualified experience working in a management role in an EYFS or Montessori setting
Knowledge - Essential:
- Understand issues around child development in order to support all children including children with disabilities.
- Recognise the importance of observation to inform playing for individual children’s needs and interests.
- Be able to organise staff to enable effective observations and plans to happen.
- Good knowledge of the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (Curriculum frameworks) and Welfare Requirements
- Understand the importance of and fulfil the role of a key person
- An understanding of your role in keeping everyone safe and how to apply child protection procedures
- Able to work in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Understand the importance of ensuring equality and diversity in a nursery setting
- Understanding what is important in determining high-quality care and learning for young children
- Understand and support children’s transitions
- An understanding of confidentiality and its importance in the early years setting
- A basic understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children
Skills and Competencies - Essential:
- Able to have empathy and an ability to understand a child’s view
- Coach, mentor and manage other staff when required
- Show resilience and determination to succeed in the face of pressure and difficulties.
- Ability to identify concerns and resolve complex dilemmas in a fair, open and reasoned manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both children and adults using a variety of techniques.
- Ability to lead and encourage team effort, support cohesion and champion motivation.
- Have the ability to reflect on and respond positively to direction to improve own performance.
- Know when to seek advice and support.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and take responsibility for getting things done.
- Ability to self-manage, manage own time, be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrate a good standard of literacy, numeracy and effective ICT skills
- Information search skills gather many different kinds of information by a variety of means