Nursery Teacher - Muscat Oman
Dovecote Nursery Muscat is part of the EKI Group, specialising in British premium education across the GCC. Our nursery in Shatti Al Qurum (near Grand Hyatt Hotel) is looking for Teachers experienced in delivering EYFS.
We regret that due to local regulations we can only consider female candidates, and will not consider candidates applying from outside Oman.
The Nursery teacher leads and manages a room within the nursery and oversees all key person activities. They are responsible for managing their team to deliver exceptional care and education for children.
The role of the NT is to support Children’s development in partnership with parents. The NTs responsibility is to ensure the quality of observations, planning for next steps and evaluation is of a high standard and meets the needs of all children in attendance.
This role requires working in collaboration with others and taking responsibility for working in line with regulatory requirements of Dovecote policies and procedures to develop the strength and reputation the Dovecote brand retains.
To ensure that the Nursery environment is WARM and welcoming for both children, staff and parents. To assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring it is safe and secure and that space is well organised, compliant with relevant regulations and used appropriately.
Management of Resources
To assist managers by keeping them fully informed of condition and quantities of resources held by Nursery
To support the Nursery Development plan and contribute towards the continuing maintenance and improvement of premises and accommodation in other areas of the site.
Qualifications – Essential
- A full and relevant level 3 qualification
Qualifications – Desirable
- A University Degree In any subject.
- First Aid 8 hour pediatric first aid qualification
- A good record of on-going training and/or mini qualifications since qualifying
Experience - Essential
- Post qualified experience working in an early years setting
Experience - Desirable
- Substantial experience in any role, which includes face to face work directly with children, within an early year’s context
- Experience working with babies either in a professional home base or early years provision
Knowledge - Essential
- Understand issues around child development in order to support all children including children with disabilities.
- Recognise the importance of observation to inform playing for individual children’s needs and interests.
- Be able to organise staff to enable effective observations and plans to happen.
- Good knowledge of the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (Curriculum frameworks) and Welfare Requirements
- Understand the importance of and fulfil the role of a key person
- An understanding of your role in keeping everyone safe and how to apply child protection procedures
- Able to work in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Understand the importance of ensuring equality and diversity in a nursery setting
- Understanding what is important in determining high quality care and learning for young children.
- Understand and support childrens transitions
- An understanding of confidentiality and its importance in the early years setting
- A basic understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children
Skills and Competencies - Essential
- Able to have empathy and an ability to understand a child’s view
- Coach, mentor and manage other staff when required
- Show resilience and determination to succeed in the face of pressure and difficulties. Ability to identify concerns and resolve complex dilemmas in a fair, open and reasoned manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both children and adults using a variety of techniques.
- Ability to lead and encourage team effort, support cohesion and champion motivation.
- Have the ability to reflect on and respond positively to direction to improve own performance. Know when to seek advice and support.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and take responsibility for getting things done.
- Ability to self-manage, manage own time, be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrate a good standard of literacy, numeracy and effective ICT skills
- Information search skills gather many different kinds of information by a variety of means