We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Receptionist, ideally with experience in similar roles, to support our growing school.
Foremarke consistently delivers stunning academic results, an attainment made even more remarkable in that many of our children do not have English as their first language, but we also have a strong focus on music, art and sports, where our sports programme produced 32 champions across Dubai in 8 different sports over the last academic year.
Purpose of the Role: The Receptionist acts as the first point of contact with staff and parents and is the face of the school. The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that departments run smoothly.
Administration: To play a key role in the administrative organisation of the School with specific responsibility for the day to day administrative tasks of the school along with the other members of the admin team.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone, fax and verbal messages. Respond to telephone & email enquiries if possible.
- Ensure all parents, children and guests are greeted promptly in person or on the phone and directed to the correct person or department.
- Maintain a guest log book and the ID badge issue.
- Maintain accurate attendance records.
- Act as an Evacuation Coordinator as per the Emergency Evacuation protocol.
- Assist the Admissions department and Registrar as needed, including but not limited to, greeting and registering guests for events, preparation of info packs.
- Contacting current and prospective parents on behalf of Academic or Admissions staff.
- Ensuring any queries or complaints are directed to the appropriate person.
- Sort and deliver the mail, request for a courier etc.
- Maintain a general filing system and file all correspondence.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings in conjunction with the Headmistress’s PA.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies & monitor its use.
- Inform Stores in advance for re-orders and make sure that stock is always available.
- Provide secretarial support to Academic staff if required.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment. Assist with photocopying, booking binding etc.
- Maintain an up to date contact list for internal as well as regular external contacts.
Apart from the duties and responsibilities listed above, the employee may be required to perform additional duties as advised by the Management from time to time.
Staff Support: To develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues based on professional two-way communication.
Holiday cover: The Receptionist oversees the Headmistress’s office with reference to cover when the PA is on vacation.
Operating environment, working relationships:
This position is in regular contact with staff, parents and pupils
- The role requires a strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should be a graduate with prior experience of around 2-3 years of working in a busy front office, preferably in a school
- Excellent communication and English language skills are essential
- Pleasant personality, service orientation and the ability to plan and organise work and records is important
- Should be computer literate with excellent time management skills