Registrar - Foremarke School, Dubai
Purpose: The Registrar is a key commercial position in each of our schools and nurseries with overall accountability for leading all front of house activity, with a focus on delivery of admissions and revenue targets through programs designed to attract and retain pupils to our schools. The role requires a highly proactive individual with creativity and commercial flair, who is able to lead a diverse team in delivery of exceptional customer service, showcasing the school to prospective parents, and meeting regulatory requirements. With the support of our central marketing team, the Registrar will develop and execute the school’s marketing plan, developing and delivering school events including community outreach to raise the school’s profile in the local and expatriate community.
Customers: EKI, School Headteachers & Senior Leadership Teams
- Leads the work of the Registrar’s department, including all work relating to admissions, registrations, student records, parent communications /customer service and promotional activity for the school.
- As a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team, provide the academic team with updates on activity, enlist the support of the academic team on specific activities, and develop a deep understanding of the academic workings / plans of the school.
- Delegates and coordinates the above work across the team of Assistant Registrar, Admissions Officer(s), Registration Officer(s), Receptionist(s), Parent Ambassador(s) and any other individual within the Registrar’s department. The exact roles and number of direct reports will depend on the school/department size.
- Provides guidance, development, support and motivation to the team in order to achieve the department’s objectives. This includes, (but is not limited to), induction, on the job coaching and training, appraisal, setting objectives and personal development plans, managing performance, disciplinary
- Manage student enrolment activity to meet or exceed the school specific enrolment targets consistently throughout the academic year and ensure all students are registered in accordance with the EKI enrolment process and the specific regulatory body (such as KHDA/ADEK)
- Provides input to the development of local marketing strategy, leads social media activity for the school and encourages all school staff to become brand ambassadors in seeking opportunities in every interaction with the public.
- Designs a package of structured/focused tours for the school, reflecting different needs (eg, Science, Sports, Art) and interests in order to ensure a consistent quality of information is provided reinforcing the school’s strengths and USPs.
- Meet / communicate with prospective parents to explain admission procedures, curriculum, fee structure and regulations in order to ensure prospective parents enrol their children at the school.
- Provides in-depth tours of the school that showcase the school’s USPs and focus on the prospective parent’s individual needs.
- Meet with parents wishing to withdraw their children to ascertain the causes, and whether the situation can be recovered. Uses data relating to withdrawals to identify trends and recommend action by the group, Head teacher or other stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency of customer service across the school and a strong commercially minded culture. Is the first point of contact for parental complaints about the school, escalating as necessary to the academic/EKI teams.
- Manage relationships with our regulators, ensuring clear lines of communication with the relevant regulatory body on matters of compliance.
- Ensure the Registrar’s department is compliant with all external (regulatory) and internal audit requirements.
- Maintain an accurate record of all places available at the school and an up to date waiting list that details students who wish to be enrolled and have passed any necessary placement tests.
- Organize, publicise, manage and attend open events and other parent facing events to ensure they are successful and are in line with the organisation’s enrolment objectives.
- Manages key annual enrolment activities, including re-enrolment process, Parent School Contract and registration of students, ensuring completion within the agreed timeframes.
- Prepare reports for school’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and EKI reflecting; the current enrolments, waiting lists, withdrawal requests, withdrawal analysis, status of vacant seats and current conversion data. Registrars should meet regularly with the Headmaster / Headmistress and SLT of the school to discuss the reports and assist the school with student number projections.
- Manage and update the parent portal to ensure all communication is sent out as required. Develops an annual schedule of planned communications in relation to ensure that all key communications are planned well in advance and delivered on time.
- Ensure group policies, procedures and codes of conduct are followed at all times and ensure all audit items are addressed in a timely manner.
This job description is no exhaustive, and the role holder will be expected to execute all other duties in relation to admissions and
registrations activity of the team.
- Communicate Effectively
- Focus on Solutions
- Customer Focus
Conditions of Work: Normal administrative hours with office working conditions, subject to the terms of individual employment contracts and to the relevant labour law.
Qualifications: Essential: Bachelor's Degree in any relevant field from an accredited and renowned university.
Experience: 5 years of experience in relevant field preferably within the education sector with a background in sales/marketing
- Capable of organising and managing multiple work streams
- Meets sales objectives and delivers
- Experience of using data to analyse trends, developing processes and policy
- Expert customer experience and service delivery skills
- Expert Microsoft office skills