Senior Accountant - Upto 11k
Evolvence Knowledge Investments is the education platform of the Evolvence Group. EKI focuses on establishing private schools offering a variety of curricula in the GCC region.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to work at our Group Head Office. This role is mainly responsible for closing of books of all group companies and supervising their annual audit. It is also expected to support the Group Manager Financial Operations to ensure the successful delivery of services by the financial operations team.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure that the regular update entries with respect to the G/L are checked, and to ensure that the ledger and sub-ledger accounts are properly grouped, classified and updated.
- Ensure the accuracy of the month-end entries w.r.t. prepayments, accrued expenses, financial charges, depreciation etc. to enable preparation of monthly reports.
- Follow up with banks for monthly account statements and other reports as required.
- Closing of the monthly trial balances group wise.
- Support the Reporting Manager in budget and forecasting activities.
- Support the Reporting Manager by providing prompt clarification required to prepare the monthly Income Statement and Balance Sheet in addition to any other analyses/reports.
- Main liaison with the auditors to ensure completion of the annual audits in a timely manner.
- Assist the Group Management Financial Operations in any additional required duties from time to time.
- Pay upto 11k/month subject to experience (non-negotiable)
- Discount of upto 28k from tuition fees of schools and nurseries within the EKI Group
- Regional medical insurance & flight ticket for self + spouse (subject to eligibility)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be semi-qualified accountant ( CA- Intermediate) /B.Com /M.com with around 5 years of hands-on experience in a similar role.
- Good technical skills and accounting conceptual clarity.
- Excellent Excel skills. Competent in Word and PowerPoint.
- ERP knowledge. Working Knowledge of Microsoft AX ERP software.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask and work under pressure with deadlines.
- Should have good communication skills.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.