Job Title: Senior Receptionist and Communications Officer
Business Unit: Foremarke School
Location: Foremarke School
Department: Admissions and registration
Reports to: Registrar
Purpose: The Receptionist acts as the first point of contact with staff and parents and is the face of the school. The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that the Admissions department, as well as the school, run smoothly.
Customers: School current and prospective parents, teaching and administrative staff.
- First point of contact for all parent, staff and visitor queries, is able to confidently answer frequently asked questions with accurate information.
- Confidently answers admissions related queries.
- Logs all walk in admissions enquiries on Engage.
- Manages the giveaway stock and communicates with the Registrar when additional orders are required. Ensures the admissions department have adequate information packs readily available.
- Meets and greets school tours and assessments, keeping a record of those who attended. Updates this in the shared calendar.
- Updates the notice board and interactive screens on a daily basis.
- Manages the parent portal communications and ensures admissions notices are sent as per agreed deadlines.
- Supports admissions with new student enrolments and KHDA registrations.
- Assists Admissions with the preparation of student files.
- Prepares parent communication, letters, school reports and references for Registrar approval.
- Provides administration support to other departments as requested by line manager.
- Manages the parent portal calendar to ensure it is accurate and reflects the school calendar. Updates with new events as required.
- Manages and responds to the info@ email address, ensuring emails are actioned and appropriately filed within 2 business days.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards to appropriate personnel or department. Takes accurate messages if required and relays information to relevant stakeholders in a concise way.
- Accepts deliveries of postal and couriers as required.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to the appropriate personnel. Ensures that all visitors have successfully signed in with security as per protocols.
- Ensures that the reception is a safe and secure environment for pupils, families, staff and visitors and that it is clean, tidy and presentable. Escalates to Facilities Management for any required support.
- Provides suitable cover to other receptions if required.
- Ensures both Foundation and Prep receptions operate consistently.
- Acts as an Evacuation Coordinator as per the Emergency Evacuation protocol.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies. Informs Stores in advance for re-orders and makes sure that stock is always available.
- Maintains a general filing system and files all correspondence both electronically and hard copies.
- Directs complaints to the concerned person and appropriately manages parents’ expectations.
- Calls all absentees on daily basis and updates Engage accordingly.
- Keeps a record of late students and updates Engage accordingly.
- Apart from the duties and responsibilities listed above, the employee may be required to perform additional duties as advised by the Management from time to time.
Conditions of Work: Normal administrative hours with office working conditions, subject to the terms of individual employment contracts and to the relevant labour law.
Experience: 2 years of experience in relevant field
- Capable of working at high pace and meeting demanding activity targets
- High multitasking skills
- Expert customer experience and service delivery skills
- Expert Microsoft office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills